Click the Pic N' Mix - past blog posts from Bang2write (click & scroll down for articles)

2leep.com

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Writing Epiphany

So I was talking to someone this Friday just past (not a writer) and she asked me how my work was going. I confessed that after a considerable dry spell, I had made some sudden and unexpected inroads on a particular project and had high hopes. I then promptly poured cold water on these hopes, as so many writers are wont to do by saying:

"... But I'm not sure my work's good enough."

The other person then smiled and said:

"I don't think that's for you to say... That's for other people to judge, isn't it?"

Indeed it is.

1 comment:

Pete Darby said...

"Oh, she's way out of my league"


"See, you don't get to decide that, she does"


I'm sure I've ripped that dialogue from somewhere, probably John Hughes.