With so many of us in the Blogosphere making our own films and pilots, I thought now was a good time to take a strictly tongue-in-cheek look at what peeps *might* say about your efforts and what they *really* mean... Enjoy! ; )
1) "The production values are really good".
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "I have no idea what the story is."
2) "The story is really good."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "The production values are crap."
3) "[So & So] was an interesting casting choice."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "Was s/he all you could get?"
4) "The surreal aspect of the plot/arena was an intriguing addition."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "WTF was *that* all about??"
5) "I thought the protagonist/antagonist/best friend/etc really stood out."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "This is not necessarily a good thing by the way."
6) "Your dialogue was effective."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "I didn't really notice whether it was good OR bad."
7) "The comedy aspect seemed very contemporary."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "I didn't think it was very funny."
8) "It was a bold choice to do [whatever]."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "If "bold" actually means 'odd and ultimately daft'."
9) "You really made the most of your budget."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: "I can't think of anything else to say."
10) The horror/thriller aspect was very horrifying/thrilling."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN: I'm just hoping now you're more interested in the canapes and free wine than my feedback - I know I am!"