Click the Pic N' Mix - past blog posts from Bang2write (click & scroll down for articles)

2leep.com

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Etc

Since everyone else is having a go, I thought I'd try my hand at The British Short Screenplay Competition. I'm slightly worried that at 5 pages, it may come in at under the 5 minutes specified: should I eke it out to 6, to be on the safe side? I have the feeling it may make the material seem forced. Also, the other problem is, the short I want to enter is an animation: is this allowed? It says in the rules "any genre considered" and it's a comedy, but I don't think animation is strictly a genre...Is it?

In other news, a philosophical question of epic proportions is being argued in my house at the moment, so I thought I'd open the floodgates for all you lot to add your tuppenceworth:

You can choose wings (bird, fairy, whatever - as long as you can fly) or a tail - not both. Which one would you have and why?

Over to you!

10 comments:

Lianne said...

Wings of course. I'm not sure what the benefits of a tail would really be, other than to be able to chase it if I was bored. But if I could fly, I doubt I'd get bored. So wings it is.

Oh, and re BSSC - I'm sure 5 pages will be fine. No point padding it out if you don't have to.

Lucy said...

I think you're right...about the script, at least. You don't know what the benefits are of having a tail??? Are you serious?? You could pick things up with it, it would be like an extra hand... Fabulous. Gets my vote.

Piers said...

Unless it's some kind of magic tail that lets you fly, I can't see you getting a single taker.

Wings for me.

Or, better, flying through sheer force of will. Cos then you don't need to worry about getting clothes specially tailored.

Mind you, that's just as much of a problem with the tail.

Dom Carver said...

Tail. The I wouldn't have to sit in a cramped plane just to go on holiday. Just think, with wings you could go anywhere whenever you felt like it.

I'm having a BSSC script dilema over at my blog too.

Sheila West said...

What the hell would I do with a tail??

Wings, baby!! Give me wings!!!

Elinor said...

The wings have it for me. I suppose a tail would be useful if you wanted to knock someone over (like a Great Dane). Don't pad out your script, I think it says in the kaos FAQ that they can take a flexible view of timings.

Lucy said...

FOOLS! Tails, tails, tails. Don't make me come on over there...

potdoll said...

WINGS unless you're talking about the band...

I the story is telling you it's 5 pages you would be wise to listen.

5 great pages is better than 6 eeked ones.

HAPPY EASTER EGGS EVERYONE. xxx

The Moviequill said...

Tail: much easier to clean the table, can feed myself while holding the remote and the Tv Guide, I don't like to fly, can swim like a son gf a bitch at the pool and impress the girls

Lucy said...

Hah! "Not one single taker" for the tail hey Piers?? IN YOUR FACE! Cheers Moviequill (I'll give you your £20 later)