Click the Pic N' Mix - past blog posts from Bang2write (click & scroll down for articles)

2leep.com

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Seven Minutes...

So I wake up this morning, roll into the bathroom and there's a post-it stuck to the shower cubicle:

You have seven minutes. Or you die.

Now, this refers to a long running, shall we say discussion, ahem, between my husband and I that I take too long in the shower. As an ex-Field Technician for Thames Water and passionate environmentalist, he believes it's everyone's responsibility to conserve water, which is why he's in and out of the shower in approximately five minutes. However, I believe it's MY responsibility to shave my hairy legs and arm pits so no one dies at the sight of them (which is always possible). He says that's why I have the extra two minutes. I say he's a fascist. The row goes on.

However, taken out of context, that note is rather interesting in a screenwriting-sense: there could be a story in it.

So: you have seven minutes to do something - or you die.

What is it?

16 comments:

Lucy said...

In other news, my naked daughter has just peed in the wardrobe. Fantastic.

Robert Hogan said...

Get through the line at Starbucks. If only.

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...

Hmmm. Methinks you are dead.

Any others?

Chris (ukscriptwriter) said...

7 minutes to put my 4 year old daughter to bed (like I'll ever manage that).

Lucy said...

Hah! With you on that one Chris, my near 9 yr old and 9 mth old whip my ass in that dept, I@d def be dead if I only had 7 mins...

Piers said...

Figure out which wire to cut on the atom bomb.

Elinor said...

My daughter once spent five hours in the bathroom and refused to come out until we threatened to take the door off the hinges. No wardrobe incidents though.

Lucy said...

Piers, I just KNEW you had to be a hero...

Elinor: my son spent an hour in the bathroom once in a strop until I told him a giant moth lived under the bath, then he couldn't get out of there fast enough (he's phobic about moths) *Evil laugh*

What? I was a single mum at the time, I'd never have been able to kick in the door...

He keeps telling me now he's putting all this in his memoirs. He probably will, too!!!

Moviequill MacGuffin said...

show me a woman who spends more than 10 mins in the shower and I'll show you someone who just got a new 6-speed multi-jet shower head...

7 minutes eh? get naked and run from one end of the mall at noon, so I can say I died accepting every dare sent my way

oneslackmartian said...

piers, cut the blue wire and then the green wire.

oh, yeah, but first cut the orange wire.

sorry about that. my bad.

piers? piers? are you there?

Lucy said...

OSM! Go blow people up on your own blog, you anti-social git ; )

Piers said...

OSM - could have done with that information earlier. I had to guess.

Phew.

Lucy said...

Piers! You're alive...Thank the stars!! What would we do without all your talk about STAR TREK!?!

; )

Piers said...

Save the whole of London, and this is the thanks I get.

Pshaw. You're on your own next time.

Lucy said...

Yep: delusions of grandeur, very sad.

*Men in white coats take Piers away*

There, there, now - it's for your own good!!!