Click the Pic N' Mix - past blog posts from Bang2write (click & scroll down for articles)

2leep.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Power Of 3 Alert

"The Power of 3" is another of Adrian's techniques and one I thoroughly approve of: it involves showing your draft to three people for feedback, followed by another three once you've re-written in the very least. As I've posted before, I like to write at least 5 drafts of each of my scripts before I send them out; one should NEVER send out half-baked material and drafts should always be the best you can get before you even consider showing them to the bigwigs.

So: just to let you know then, I need a new three for my latest project. I've had some fabulous people helping me thus far, but they're v busy, I don't want to impose anymore and also, I'd like some fresh eyes on this script since it's gone through some major changes in the last few days. Girlies would be especially welcome, since ALL the people who've read it thus far have been male and I would like at least one lady's perspective since this is very much a GIRL POWER movie.

The logline is below. First three peeps to email me gets to be in my Power of 3, though be warned - this has got to be with my agent next week, so you have to be able to read fast (sorry!) 'cos if anything is really GLARING about it, I need some time for revision.

Wow, what a deal.

Come on, you know you want to. I will of course return the favour...!!!

RUN, thriller. Low budget. A mentally-fragile single mother thinks her policeman boyfriend is threatening her and her child's lives, but no one else believes her. Is she mad or he bad??

5 comments:

Lianne said...

I was going to pipe up and say I'd read it but I definitely can't do it that quickly. Got a bit of a backlog of scripts to get through. Like the logline a lot though - good luck with it!

Lucy said...

Thanks Lianne! Not to worry - know the feeling, Scottish Screen have hit me with a veritable pile for the second week running! Not that I'm complaining...

Lucy said...

Well, it's all over...

...Many thanks to David Bishop at Vicious Imagery, Good Dog at Blowing My Thoughtwad and the enigmatic Scott The Reader for agreeing to cast their eyes over RUN.

potdoll said...

What? I thought you wanted GIRLIES!!

Good Dog said...

Lucy, don't even think about answering Dolly.