Click the Pic N' Mix - past blog posts from Bang2write (click & scroll down for articles)

2leep.com

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Monologue, anyone?

Well, I didn't win or even place in, the Teachers' TV Monologues Competition. Nuts. Any other entrants wanting to torture themselves with "Oh, SO CLOSE!" can view the winners here (actually, there was a whopping 725 entries, so that should deaden the pain).

The upside of this is, I have a monologue going spare. I think it's quite good (even if the judges didn't). Anyone want to film it? You're welcome to it, for free, as long as you give me a copy of the finished article. Just email me if you want to read it.

Any takers?

10 comments:

Lianne said...

Sorry you didn't place Lucy. Hope you find someone to film it though - if you've got any film or media students nearby you it might be worth contacting them as it would be easy to film. Or you could adapt it for radio or theatre - maybe some local theatre groups would be interested in performing it.

Interesting to read about the winning and shortlisted entries - it would be good if they'd post one of them on the website, would be useful to read them.

Lucy said...

Thanks Lianne, way it goes. I hope they post the winners too, would be interesting to see them. However, from the sound of it it does look like they were looking for comedic stuff and mine was more political when it comes to teaching. I know, me political! Who'da thought it? ; )

potdoll said...

I can't believe they had so many people enter - there must be a lot of teachers out there with something to say!

MaryAn Batchellor said...

They should have SAID they wanted comedy!

Lucy said...

Maryan - right on, Sister! It's clearly their fault and nothing to do with my monologue! ; )

Potty - ah, you've not spent a lot of time with Teachers. They're a moany lot. In fact, I'm gonna moan about the fact that I am RETIRING from teaching this summer, so can only enter this competition THIS YEAR! GRRR! (Tho that is the ONLY bad thing about leaving teaching, has to be said!!!)

SO - you want to flex your directorial muscles over this monologue or what, Potsy?

The Moviequill said...

I always wondered why someone didn't come out with the Penis Monologues as a counteraction to the V one?

potdoll said...

We have no evidence that I can direct yet Lucy! You may not want your lovely monologue ruined! :)

Lucy said...

Evidence is unimportant, not to mention subjective, my friend and who says my monologue is "lovely"?? It may be dark and twisted...Well I wrote it, what do you expect?!?!

MaryAn Batchellor said...

Todd, because men thinking below the belt is nothing new..

Lucy said...

Miaow! Nice one, Maryan...